Sunday, April 24, 2016

Words from Bananagrams (by Daniel)


Today we played a round of Bananagrams. Each took seven tiles, made a word and played it. Then we wrote for 15 minutes using one word as a theme for our writing or seeing how many words we could tie together. This is one sample - a catchy poem with rhythm!   

When it comes to stress
I'll take the mess
Turn it into glee
I like strawberries and brie
If you're lost in a maze
It doesn't hurt to bathe
While you're stuck don't stink
Don't wanna miss out,
  afraid to blink
Sometimes things get seedy
Pardon me if I'm needy
Take a trip to outer space
until everything's back in place
Desperate panting like a deer
as everything feels so queer
Don't give up, you're a gem
For now, don't worry about them
Think I'll swing on a trapeze
Sip some lemonaide, fresh squeeze
As the remainder of the grime
tries to turn me into slime
I won't allow the old ties
to rob me of my prize

No comments:

Post a Comment